Re: X-surf driver

Erik van Roode wrote:

> At 03:33 PM 2/28/01 +0200, Øyvin Halfdan Thuv wrote:
> >Does any one have a driver for the X-surf ehternetboard for amiga?
>
> There is a patch file available at:
> http://www.jschoenfeld.com/support/support_e.htm
> but is seems to be a source patch for 2.4 kernel.

Yeah, I saw that. It's a patch for the Ariadne driver...

> >And will
> >it need a recompile of the kernel to install?
>
> Yes. Unless someone is kind enough to do it for you. I haven't actually
> tried to do it for a 2.2.17 kernel, but I'll try tonight.

hmmm. could take *ages* on a 030/50 FPU then... but I've never actually tried to
compile a kernel, so I suppose I should give it a try. Though it would be nice if
anyone already had a prepayched ariadnedriver, so I just need a kernel-recompile,
not to begin tweaking to much with the code...

--
Øyvin