aalib1 and aview package problems

Dear all,

  I'm running potato/stable on an m68k amiga.

  I installed the aalib1 binary package, but I'm getting link errors
on libaa. world.c is just the main () { printf ("Hello world\n");}
program.

gcc -o world world.c -laa

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -laa
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

/usr/lib contains:
    libaa.so.1 (symlink to 1.0.3)
    libaa.so.1.0.3

I installed, configured, compiled and installed the source package,
and I can link with that new libaa.
/usr/local/lib contains:
   libaa.so -> syml. to 1.0.3
   libaa.so.1 -> syml. to 1.0.3
   libaa.so.1.0.3

  Then I tried installing the aview binary package, which fails because
it depends on aalib1 (>= 1.2-26), which does not exist. The packages
for other architectures all depend on 1.2-25, and according to the
aview package maintainer the m68k version should be the same.

  Linking works fine with my compiled libaa version, but fails
horribly with the prepackaged binary.

  Can new corrected versions of these two packages be generated?

Erik