dselect/apt (was: Re: Ok, so MACE works now...)

> Well that would depend on what you want to use the box for.  The dselect
> program will let you select what packages you want to install.

Yuck! :-) I haven't use dselect in a while because of the dependency
problems, and difficulty actually selecting anything. Apt-get is so much
better! (At least for me) You just type "apt-get install <package>" without
even the full package name and it takes care of dependencies for you. Check
the apt-get manpage for details...

I must admit, though, it doesn't solve all problems. For instance, "apt-get
install X" doesn't get me anywhere. I've tried it with some things, and it
works, but not with others...

My $.02...

Russell

  _its_ (no apostrophe) means "the thing that it owns"
  _it's_ (with apostrophe) means "it is"