Re: Installing on MAC question

On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 08:48:59AM -0700, anthony.r.nowicki@lmco.com wrote:
Please use a linelegth of 72 chars or less.

> I tried this on debian-user and got no real response but it was suggested
> that I try the 68k group....
Does not look much like an m68k problem, but nevertheless.

> I am attempting to install 2.2r2 on a mac IIxv ('030) with a CD. I
> successfully installed and booted up to the base system using files that I
> put on the mac file system (thanks to some helpful guides available on the
> website) However, when attempt to point the install at the CD (/dev/sr0)
> to continue installation after the reboot, the CD is accessed (I see the
> LED flashing) then I get an error indicating that the CD in not an
> official image. (The screen that flashed by seem to indicate that no file
I don't think you should pass the device directly to apt. If you install
from CD is usally proposes the right thing, so just press return. If not,
try /cdrom (should exist after the installation, if not, add this to
/etc/fstab:
/dev/scd0               /cdrom          iso9660 user,noauto,norock   0      0
You could probably also go without the norock option).

I have no Debian CD here, but AFAIR if you have a correct entry in fstab,
the installer will use it. Try apt-cdrom to add more CD-roms. Maybe you
could show us your /etc/apt/sources.list? Should be possible to fix your
problem just by editing this file.

Aren't the sr devices phasing out? If you have only one CD drive, you
usually have a link: /dev/cdrom -> /dev/scd0
Plus on my system /dev/sr0 -> scd0
probably for backwards compatibility.

Hth,
Christian