Re: Debian2.2 and clgen on Amiga3000

> 1.) The whole driver seems to run in some kind of "debug-mode",
> printing messages on the screen each time x is started, the
> console is changed via Alt-Tab and worst : every time the
> screen blanks or unblanks :-(
> The system is nearly unusable -> while running the installation,
> the screen blanks,unblanks,blanks,... After coming home a few
> hours later you can't even read the messages from the installation
> you have to answer, only debug-messages from clgen.
> How can i switch this off ?

 Check the list archives. Michael Fedrowitz posted a kernel patch for
 this a few weeks ago. I installed a minimum system, compiled a new
 kernel, and reinstalled using the new kernel.

> 2.) In my old setup i could set the resolution used by the driver
> in text- and gfx-mode using something like
> "video=clgen:monitorcap:55;90;31;64,mode:high"
> in the amiboot-start-line
> Clgen in the Kernel from Debian 2.2 seems to ignore all this :-(
> The "official" amiboot-line uses "video=clgen". I tried to change
> this without any visible effects. Changing the textmode with fbset
> works, though.

 Not sure about this. I'm starting Debian from the bootblock installed
 via lilo from RedHat/m68k ...

> 3.) Using the mouse under X hangs quite often for half a second or
> even longer (maybe this is related to the debug-messages ?!)

 Same here (A3000/040, clgen). I don't think this is related to the
 debug messages, I'm still getting it with the patched kernel. I also
 don't think this is a kernel problem, as the problem does not occur
 under RedHat, running the same kernel.