Re: AW: Kernel 2.2.10 on an afterburner falcon

> >> happened. First of all I have a 20,4 GB ide harddisk on my computer which
> >> works perfectly with N.AES but Linux refused to recognize all partitions
> >> behind 8 GB. What can I do against this failure?
> >Please include some dmesg output. I have a 10GB IDE disk in my Amiga and it
> >works without problems, with Linux, did not try to use space after 8GB for
> >AOS, why should I?
>
> O.K. This is the output when I try to boot Linux.
>
> As you can all see my harddisk is recognized as a 8063MB disk only although
> it has 20 giga bytes (works well with TOS/N.AES and HD-Driver 7.91). What's
> wrong?

I remember some HD size limitation was removed only recently (2.2.11-14??)
so you kernel may be too old. I do not remember which size limitaion it was
though, 20 GB doesn't seem so big nowadays.
Maybe Alan Cox' diary mentions when exactly it happened, it should be easy to
apply the patch separately if you can find it in linux-kernel ml archive.

Bye
Richard