Re: which mac to buy?

On Tue, 4 Jul 2000, Christian T. Steigies wrote:

> > Now, what does "SCSI is not supported, neither ADB" mean?  I've installed
> http://www.mac.linux-m68k.org/development/macspecs.html
> it the kernel, not debian. i was talking about the 950, according to
> macspecs, it boots, but has no SCSI neither ADB nor serial support.

Ah, I see; the 950 might have some special hacked-up hardware, like the
IIcx/fx models; NetBSD folks have trouble with those machines too.

Strange to see this, though - the Quadra I had installed Debian on is a
Workgroup Server 80 - technically just a Quadra 800 w/ a tape drive, from
what I understand - and the scsi drive I have in it worked fine when I
installed it;  macspecs says it won't do scsi on this machine... maybe I
should take a second look at this box :)

 Zaren Ankleweed - Bitdancer, Freelance | "We come from the sea, Tim; our
 Acquisitions Agent, Minister for "Bob" | blood is salt, and strange tides
 a.k.a. Zaren on #macintosh in the IRC  | ebb and flow within us all."
      "You're a madman!" --fkrol        | Rose, _The Books of Magic_