Re: m68k or PPC?

Well of course the PPC (LinuxPPC? YellowDog Linux? Something else?)
distribution can be downloaded free. So can Debian, or any other Linux
Distribution. That's part of the beauty of Linux. Your real question is what
you should use. The answer is m68k. You can't use any PPC distro because you
don't have the drivers to tell Linux to look for/use the PPC chip. The Mac
OS does, IIRC. You should have some sort of extension in the Mac OS that
says "use the PPC chip instead of the m68k chip." There isn't such an
equivalent in Linux, unless  you can get somebody at wherever you got your
chip from to write a driver that will do the same thing as the Mac OS
extension...

Russell