Re: maclinux

On Fri, Apr 21, 2000 at 08:53:41AM +0200, lupin wrote:
> i'm a lamer but i have debian m68k on my mac quadra 610...i have lot of
> problem i'm italian and i wish that my keyboard map is italian is it
whats so bad about being italian??? you have the sun, the pope, the pasta..

> possibile?
I once wrote a section for the FAQ how to create a keymap for amigas. It
should be similar for macs, but I do not know about the mac specific tools.
anyway, that section might be worth reading.
If you want an X keymap, try xkeycaps and xev and start building your own
keymap. When youre finished, submit the map to somebody (who was collecting
them, Roman?) so that it can be included in the next debian packages.

> i wish copy and paste with my mouse on x  is it possible???
one button? glue on a second... dunno, its neat to have a three button mouse
for cut+paste, but the maxperts probably have an answer.

> the last linux m68k version is slink??
no. Slink is the stable version of Debian/GNU linux. Then there is the
frozen distribution (potato) which we are currently trying to get ready for
release, and of course an unstable distribution (woody). Why dont you have a
look yourself at www.debian.org, there might be an italian mirror and
italian texts as well.
The latest linux version for m68k is 2.3.something, see ftp site.

> i heard something about read hat for m68k is it true?
Red Heat? There is an unofficial RedHat port done by Jes, see the linux-m68k
pages for more. I don't know if this is being further developed, but there
are links to install guides and maybe to a webpage.

Christian