Re: m68k boot-floppies ready

On Tue, Apr 11, 2000 at 07:05:49PM +0000, Lee Elliott wrote:

> I had slink running ok on an A1500 + GVP G-Force 040 Combo (until the
> Picasso II failed).  I'm pretty sure that it was a Series II SCSI but
> it doesn't say in the handbook - I checked.
I am only talking about the GVP-series II (HC+8) scsi controller with RAM
extension. No idea what g-force is/doesm if it uses the same driver.
I know that slink with 2.0.36 works fine when this driver is compiled in.
But I also know that it does not work with 2.2.10, did you try a 2.2.10
kernel allready? We _have_ to use that kernel version for potato.

But it seem I have to leave that driver in. With a little luck my
kernel-image without this driver will also get installed. When the system
survies until the new image is installed everything is fine. But of course
it would be good, if somebody fixes the driver.

Maybe the gforce owners can try kernel-image-amiga-noi-gvp-scsi just to see
of g-force is still supported or not? Again, I only removed the series2
support, nothing else.
My machine has been running two days with this kernel, building
boot-floppies and xfree, so I consider it stable.

Christian
--
Read the FAQ!                     http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html
Download the FAQ!   ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/Linux/680x0/FAQ/FAQ.gz