Re: m68k boot-floppies ready

On Mon, Apr 10, 2000 at 09:43:36PM +0100, Mark Scott wrote:
> At 12:31 pm +0100 10/4/2000, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> >> 2.) update the install texts for _all_ subarches
> >
> >I'll have a crack at the Atari text. There was someone on c.o.l.m68k
> >working on  the Mac version IIRC.
> >
> >	Michael
>
> I'll work one up for the Mac. Ihave nearly finished a rewrite of the
> existing Slink guide so it should not be to difficult to update. :-)
Good. Now where are all those amiga users? Someone step forward please.

I just uploaded the boot-floppies to master, please test this again, mac
should be ok now, also a vme fix from Nick is in. If Mac people want the new
penguin, I need to get the binary in a proper format, hqx or whatever it
is. And please somebody check the config file, didnt I hear it had to be
edited? The kernel image will be called linux, but if thats too big of a
problem, it could be renamed back to linuxmac, allthough I would not want
to, to keep it consistent. Does the config need editing with "linux" instead
of "linuxmac"? If so, somebody should do this, its difficult to edit, when
its on the CD...

And I think I know why 2.2.10 would not want to run on my amiga, its the
GVP-series II SCSI driver. I removed it, since then my amiga is running
fine. Is there any amiga user out there who really uses this SCSI driver?
If not, I would like to remove it totally from the kernel image, since on my
machine it freezes the machine after a few hours... this would mean peopple
with such a controller could not install on a harddisk connected to this
controller (we can keep a backup of this kernel image though).

Christian
--
Read the FAQ!                     http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html
Download the FAQ!   ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/Linux/680x0/FAQ/FAQ.gz