But it worked for JAG... (was: PEX X font errors on SE/30)

The 21k is OK for the real tiny screen of the fishtank type Macs (you
know, the ones with CPU and monitor together in one box, and the handle on
top of the case to make it easier to toss them out :-). <-- I resent that!

Ya, it should work.

Like I said, I get up the whole gray stitchwork screen, and I have mouse support. I don't see whats wrong!

Check out Jag's page...

http://www.jagshouse.com/Linuxm68k.html

and he claims to have set it up. Are you out there JAG? Did you get any of these errors?

I tried editing the XF86Config file and setting the DefaultColorDepth and the Depth to 1. Still crash.

The problem could to be with FBDev... are there any other xserver's for m68k/linux?

I'm suprised nobody reacted to this:
(**) XKB: disabled

does that mean the keyboard isn't working?

ugh....i feel so dumbfounded. help.

WAIT-- assuming that there isn't an error, maybe its missing something all together....

Do I need a windowmanager like twm or fvwm?
/johan
---
  name:   Johan Ugander
  school: AEDT2002