Re: Linux on SUN station ?

On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 11:03:37PM +0200, Chris wrote:

> I'm the (happy ?) owner of a SUN station and i'm looking for some infos
> about it :
> it's called SUN 3/50, and has a 68020+68881, and I'd like to know if
> someone has
> already met such a machine, and could then give me some infos...

There is an incomplete Linux port for Sun/3, but nothing really usable
at present - it boots and runs IIRC, but there's not much in the way of
userland or stability.

The only free operating system which will run on the Sun/3 is NetBSD.
Take a look at their ports page under http://www.netbsd.org/ for more
info (including some general Sun/3 links).  I have some links kicking
about somewhere, but most of them are probably duplicated by a combination
of NetBSD and http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~oldkit/ .

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/