Re: Still haven't found it

Moin,
On Mon, Mar 20, 2000 at 10:38:48AM -0500, Russell Hires wrote:

> Where do I find base2_2.tgz for m68k? I've found two tons of these files for
there is no such thing as base2.2 for m68k. I tried to build it, it didnt
work, look on debian-boot for the error list. Unless we find an m68k
maintainer with sufficient time, decent hardware and a potato mirror, we
will have no base2.2 in the near future. Do you volunteer?
I will try to build things not before may 10th. I wonder that nobody
complained yet, that we have no current xfre...

> ppc and i-386. I even found the piece of software I was looking for
> (libc.so.6), but when I tried to boot with it in /lib, the message I got was
> that the lib was (or wasn't, I don't remember) big-endian. I tried looking
> at the place I originally got it (eradicator.org) but the site is down for
> some reason. I don't know of any alternate. I'm totally stumped.
cts@ap031:~>dpkg -S libc.so.6
libc6: /lib/libc.so.6
Looking for that?
Install libc6, but didnt you hose your system completely? It will not work
without a libc6... Michael gave some hints on how to repair it, you might
also try to cross-install a package, but you need another working debian
install on your machine for that. You might not have that... the easiest
thing is to backup the data you need and can still retrieve from that
installation and start from scratch.

Christian