Re: Atari install failed. Wrong driver disk (driver.bin)

Well, I was able to get past this failure. I ended up tar/gziping the three
images-1.44 files (rescue.bin, root.bin & driver.bin) and copying them to my
hard drive and installing them from there. All of the base-1.bin to base-11.bin
installed O.K. Sounds good, eh? Not finished yet. :(

I now get a failure when creating a boot disk. The installer message instructs
me to make sure there in a disk in the drive and that it is not write protected.
There is and no, it isn't. Try again. No joy.  :(( Any ideas on how to get past
this stopper?

I really should get a CDROM for my TT, but I don't have one yet. I see the .iso
of the distribution is 630MB. What all (just an idea is good,) is on it?

Last question and I'll go away; for a bit.  :) Is or will anyone be developing
the linux drivers for the new graphics card that came out for the TT/MSTe? (
http://gem.win.co.nz/mario/hardware/galaxy.html )

L8r  :)
Blair

"doyene" <doyene@zetnet.co.uk> on 2000/12/01 07:54:48 AM