Re: Debian on NeXT

On Nov 25, Ray Knight wrote:
> "Robert C. Dillon II" wrote:
> >
> > Anyone heard of a way to get Debian working on a 68K NeXTStation?
> > (Monochrome, not color).
> >
> > Thanks for the help,
> >

> There is a web page at http://www.black.linux-m68k.org/ but it doesn't
> appear to have been updated since Dec. 1999.  I seem to recall someone
> having Linux running on one at the Atlanta Linux Showcase in 1999.

Yes, it's doable, however you'll need to NFS mount all your partitions
since the SCSI driver doesn't exist/doesn't work (not sure which).  I
have an old NeXTstation that I've been meaning to get running Debian
for a year but I've never had the time to kill...

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence

Titles/affiliations at http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/info.html