Compiling a kernel

Hi Guys,

As I have been having a few problems tracking down a pre-built
kernel for a Hades (Atari TT Clone) I decided to try and compile
one myself.

My current setup is Debian 2.1 with GCC 2.7.3

I installed the 2.2.15 kernel source from a Debian 2.2 CD
using apt-get and ran make config which completed without
any problems. I then ran make dep and a few seconds later the
following error message appeared:

ld: /lib/libc.so.6: _dl_sysdep_start: invalid version 7 (max 6)
/lib/libc.so.6: could not read symbols: Bad value

Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks.

Regards,

Ben Hills.

This message has been checked for all known viruses by UUNET delivered
http://www.uk.uu.net/products/security/virus/