Re: Sentris 650 serial ports

Following up on myself:

> 4) I can't remember having problems with the Mac serial driver but that's
> a year or so back, and I've not used minicom or a modem. I've mostly used
> it for SLIP networking. If someone can give a more detailed description
> where access to the serial port fails, and evicence points to a failed or
> blocked system call (strace is your friend), I'd consider calling it a
> kernel bug. Otherwise, I'd have to call it user error, and recommend
> reading the various serial HOWTOS. If someone is interested in hacking on
> the kernel driver I can offer some advice. Having no Mac and no spare time
> for Mac hacking, that's all I can offer (aside from giving lengthy
> explanations why it's not setserial's fault).

Please direct further mail on this topic (kernel bugs, not the setserial
error message) to linux-mac68k or linux-m68k which are the appropriate
forum for discussion of kernel problems (I'm on both of these lists so
I'll see the mail there). Inquiry about debugging the serial driver may be
directed to me by PM. Flames to /dev/null via my procmail setup. Thank
you.