Re: which mac to buy?

On Tue, Jul 04, 2000 at 01:26:25PM +0000, James P. Schmidt wrote:
> ebay has a quadra 700, 8/80 (stock configs) for $10 right now...  hell,
> there's an 840AV *with* monitor for $20...  most of the older 040 models
> had AAUI, so Ethernet is just a matter of getting a transceiver.
in the US... maybe I will buy such a one, when/if I get a job there.

http://www.mac.linux-m68k.org/development/macspecs.html
> debian on my quadra 800, which has scsi and adb; does debian not do those
> devices?  Every Mac ever made (except for the iMacs and the 128/512/Plus
it the kernel, not debian. i was talking about the 950, according to
macspecs, it boots, but has no SCSI neither ADB nor serial support.
Obviously i do not have such a machine to confirm this...

> machines from 1984) supports both scsi and adb right out of the box, so I'm
> a bit confused.
Its a mac, thats seems to be part of the business.

Christian