Linux on PPC upgrades?

This may be the wrong place to ask, but ...

I was kinda curious if there were any 68040->PPC upgrades still available for
Macs, and where one would go to find such a thing.

Also, I would expect Linux supports 040 Macs that have been upgraded to a
PPC, is there anyone here that has tried it?  I actually wanna see if its
possible to put a PPC upgrade board into a NeXT machine - I know it won't run
NeXT Step anymore, and the NeXT port of Linux would need alot of modification
(or rather the PPC port of Linux would have to be modified to the NeXT or
something), but I'm curious if the speed increase would be worth it.

Thanks,
Evan Langlois