Sorry, more problems from me...

I get the feeling that I'm gradually inching closer to a successful installation. However, I'm still not there.

I've RE-partitioned my hard drive. I now have a 20mb swap and about 56mb of root&usr. Anyhow I have a Mac partition for sda1, my root&usr for sda2 and my swap for sda3. I've also removed my IIci cache card since I heard that cache cards may or may not interfere. The problem that I seem to be having doesn't appear to be a hardware problem, however.

So now I open the Penguin application and I go to settings. I make sure that my selected kernel is linux (the one that came with my debian distribution). I also make sure that I have my ramdisk selected. The only option that I check is use penguin colors. I boot...

Everything goes fine at first. Then it complains that it is unable to locate a root device. It looks for an NFS server and when it can't find one it checks fd0/. That means that it's searching for a floppy disk, right? What I can't understand is why? I followed the installation readme to the best of my knowledge. One thing that the readme does say is:

In case the installation program complains about not finding any disks or partitions to install on, try a newer kernel or check your partition types again.

I tried to use the 'stable' kernel from mac.linux-m68k.org (2.2), but it crashes with an error type 1 when I try to use it. I've had it suggested that I add to the kernel options in the booter settings, but add what? I've checked the readme and it doesn't offer me any solutions in that avenue. Anyway, any type of help would be appreciated... Thanks again.

Dakota Duff