Re: Sorry, more problems from me...

On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 08:08:42PM -0600, Dakota Duff wrote:
> I get the feeling that I'm gradually inching closer to a successful
> installation.  However, I'm still not there.
>
> I've RE-partitioned my hard drive.  I now have a 20mb swap and about
> 56mb of root&usr.  Anyhow I have a Mac partition for sda1, my
> root&usr for sda2 and my swap for sda3.  I've also removed my IIci
> cache card since I heard that cache cards may or may not interfere.
> The problem that I seem to be having doesn't appear to be a hardware
> problem, however.
>
> So now I open the Penguin application and I go to settings.  I make
> sure that my selected kernel is linux (the one that came with my
> debian distribution).  I also make sure that I have my ramdisk
> selected.  The only option that I check is use penguin colors.  I
> boot...
>
> Everything goes fine at first.  Then it complains that it is unable
> to locate a root device.

[snip]

I don't remember exactly where, but somewhere it should say (or you
should type) "root=/dev/ram0" IIRC.  I think it would probably be
after the name of the kernel.  Or perhaps there is a box in Penguin
that says "boot options" or "kernel options."

[snip]

--
Pat Mahoney  <pat7@gmx.net>

For children with short attention spans: boomerangs that don't come back.