Re: kernel-patch questions

> > Fair enough. My question, then, is to the one who compiled the 2.2.14 kernel
> > for the macs: how did you do it? That's the one I'm running on right now,
> > and it works, I just want to build firewall stuff into a kernel after 2.2.10
> > (because the net-masq HOWTO says there is a bug in the 2.2.10 code dealing
> > with IP-chains IIRC)
> I did not build it. It must be some secret mac source, once I saw a pointer
> to it, but I never got the source, even after I asked for it on this(?)
> list. Usually the mac patches are synchronized with the m68k source tree,
> seems this is not happening at the moment. Probably partially due to Jes'
> new job, his vacation, the fine weather, the euro, general lack of time and
> developers. Choose, but not more than three.

I seem to recall you asked for the 2.2.14 source when the boot-floppies
build was up. I asked Andrew but I think I never got the source either
(it's on the Mac CVS but I could not bother to figure out where that was
and how to use it that particular week), and the Mac kernel I built seemed
fine for installs, plus theb 2.2.14 kernels had some issues so I didn't
follow up on that.

BTW there's another variable in the equation just to complete the
confusion: the Debian patches for 2.2.10 which contain part of the 2.2.10
Mac stuff plus FPU emulation at least.

> > Does this mean that we are forking the code for the linux kernel?
> Yes. But Jes tries his best to get m68k patches into the main source.

No we're not, nor is any other arch, see my previous rant.