Re: 68k Kernel problem

On Sat, May 27, 2000 at 11:34:20AM -0400, Russell Hires wrote:
> Okay, now that I know I need to patch the assembly code to use bne instead
> of jne...But I don't know what bne is (or jne). I also don't know where to
> replace it...I only found one jne in the fpsp040 directory.

bne == branch not equal
jne == jump not equal

IIRC the build process tells you exactly which files and lines it is having
problems with when it fails.  The op codes might be ble, in which case make
them jle, or bnes, in which case use jne, etc. etc.  The trailing 's'
means a short branch; you can drop that.  Basically change the 'b' in to
a 'j'.

Richard