No root-fs

I am kind of new to Linux but I know I little. I have a Performa 637CD with IDE hd. I downloaded the "install.sit" from "pub/debian/dists/slink/main/disks-m68k/2.1.9.2-2000-03-02/mac/" I also downloaded "root.bin" I found a program "Penguin-17" with no web resources specified inside. I can't boot off the the rescue disk and when I run renguin to boot linux it gets all the way though but can't find a root fs. It looks on /dev/fd0 but spits out the disk and says it can't find the fs and halts with a kernel_panic. I already partitioned the drive with an A/UX root and swap partitions. Is there a way to get a root fs on the root partition from the macos? Or is there another fix?

Thanks