Re: Please help, Mac 68k How get boot floppy

Please direct future questions to debian-68k@lists.debian.org please. (CC
set)

> I bought a mac powerbook with 14 meg but this is to weak to
> run netscape.  Can you tell me how to get started with this
> mac?
>
> I have a Debian v 1.31 cd of binaries which loads on my
> pc.
>
> Can I get a boot floppy for the mac and then use this cd
> and then upgrade via ftp?  If so how do I log onto my ISP
> from the Mac?

No, the 1.3 CD contains only Intel binaries. Debian 2.1 was the first
release to be distrubuted on CD (1.3 was no official m68k release, and we
missed the boat on the 2.0 CDs).

Get a m68k Debian CD, it is a hybrid HFS/ISO CD and all the install files
are accessible from MacOS. Alternatively, get the Mac install files from
ftp.debian.org:/pub/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-m68k/current and
install the base system first, the rest installs via FTP or HTTP.

Powerbook support is marginal, so first try a test boot to see if your
brand is supported.