Re: Debian 2.1 on Quadra800 (Ethernet does not work)?

At 4:11 PM +0200 9.05.2000, you, Michael Schmitz wrote:
 > I have successfully installed Debian 2.1 on a Quadra800. Everything works
 > fine, except the Ethernet:
This question hasn't come up in a few weeks so a fresh answer might be in
order (insert obFAQ hint here).
I tried to find answers in the FAQs I found on the CD and on
http://www.mac.linux-m68k.org, but wasn't successful. Probably my fault?

I'm 100% certain that this used to work (as in: been there, done that,
built the 2.1 boot-floppies on such a beast). Check the setting of the
"don't disable VBL interrupts" option in the booter. It defaults to on but
needs to be off for Nubus interrupts to work.
Thanks for the hint, but it doesn't make any difference.
I'm using the built-in Ethernet (no Nubus card - or is this just a
on-the-mainboard-Nubus-card?).

It "feels right" to guess that there's a problem with interrupts, as the
hardware is detected and initialized correctly - I assume there would be page
faults if the controller address was wrong.

Any more ideas? Any tests I could run to check the ethernet driver from Linux?
Lukas Zeller (luz@synthesis.ch), Direktwahl +41 1 440 66 01
--
Synthesis AG, Rosengartenstr. 1a, 8037 Zürich
Tel: +41 1 440 66 00, Fax: +41 1 440 66 04