RE: 68060

Napisane 22-Kwi-00 przez: Mike Huddleson...
>That's what I am currently after right now.. but I can't seem to find anyone
>selling that card... I've searched eBay nothing good there.. just a few
>Amiga 2000s.. I did however find one shop selling the 2060 they wanted 399$
>US for it.. <yuck way to much for my current financial standings>

It's not the card that makes the price. It's the 68060 that eat your bucks.
Even here in Europe, where Amiga hardware is usually a way cheaper than in the
US, I wouldn't give you a chance to get the a used 2060 with CPU for less than
equivalent of USD250,-

>Could you tell me what all I would need to purchase to get an Amiga 2000 up
>and running on a NetWork?

Beside the 68060 card you wanted you would need an ethernet board unless you
plan to use SLIP/PLIP or whatever excuse for a network connection.

I have heard that there is a so called "wildfire" board for the A2k that
includes both the 68060 and the Ethernet in one. Never seen it though nor know
how well is it supported by other than AmigaOS OSes.

--
      / /
     / /