Re: Making X work properly

Hi Christian

On 21-Apr-00, you wrote:

> Try to open an xterm and run "top". I would bet that, right after the
> installation, a lot of processes are runing to update manpages and stuff.
> When I want to log on to my amiga via ssh right after it booted, it also
> takes ages until the connection is there. A telnet connection works
> immediately... remember, m68k machines not that fast...
> Or maybe you have a problem with gpm?

Well, here's the thing. I tried to reconfigure gpm and changed
responsiveness. It got better in X but not good at all. It cannot be that
the processor is slow because when the pointer loosens up and I move it
fast and for a long time it goes on, it's when I stop that it freezes. So,
what I think it can be is that the mouse has to low priority, or? It did
get better after changing responsiveness but since I don't know the range
and what might be optimum it's a little hard to configure.

Regards
--
Thomas Sjölin

http://www.infoscandic.se/~thomas

Success is like a fart - only your own smells nice.
-- James P. Hogan