Re: maclinux

> I once wrote a section for the FAQ how to create a keymap for amigas. It
> should be similar for macs, but I do not know about the mac specific tools.
> anyway, that section might be worth reading.

showkey and loadkeys should be all it takes.

> If you want an X keymap, try xkeycaps and xev and start building your own
> keymap. When youre finished, submit the map to somebody (who was collecting
> them, Roman?) so that it can be included in the next debian packages.

AFAIR Roman collects the kernel keymaps, dunno about anyone keeping tabs
on X keymaps...

> > i wish copy and paste with my mouse on x  is it possible???
> one button? glue on a second... dunno, its neat to have a three button mouse
> for cut+paste, but the maxperts probably have an answer.

the adb_buttons=<x,y> kernel option is your friend here. Insert convenient
keycodes found using showkey for x and y.

> > i heard something about read hat for m68k is it true?
> Red Heat? There is an unofficial RedHat port done by Jes, see the linux-m68k
> pages for more. I don't know if this is being further developed, but there
> are links to install guides and maybe to a webpage.

IIRC Jes had an inofficial 5.2 port but RH is at 6.2 by now. I haven't
heard Jes advertise his RH port much lately.

I've heard someone making noises about porting the RH installer for Mac
but that's been a while. Must be tough to crank out a m68k port all alone.