Re: Boot floppies 2.2.11 report (failure)

On Fri, Apr 14, 2000 at 09:51:19AM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> Either way, in the latest mac-fdisk and pmac-fdisk packages there's a real
> man page for both fdisk tools, the boot-floppies makefile might just look
> for the wrong input files while converting the .man files to plain ASCII
> text.
documentation/Makefile:

mac-fdisk.txt:
        -[ -f "$(mac-fdisk)" ] && (                                     \
          dpkg --fsys-tarfile $(mac-fdisk) |                            \
                tar -xOf - '*/man8/pdisk.8.gz'  | zcat > tmp    ;\
          man -l tmp | col -b > $@                                      ;\
          rm -f tmp                                                     ;\
        )
        [ -f $@ ] || echo '** man page not found ** ' > $@

looks pretty much like for any other fdisk, but maybe its not pdisk?

> > * Configure the Keyboard:
> > - Several offered mac keymaps can't be loaded, e.g. both german ones.
> > Logging in on tty2 and fooling aroung with the busybox toy tar I notice
> > the mac tree of /etc/keymaps.tgz looks like the slink version. It contains
> > only mac/mac-us-std.bmap, mac/mac-us-ext.bmap and mac/mac-fr2-ext.bmap .
>
> Bug indeed.
keymaps.sh:# FIXME: Removed German Mac keymap due to loadkey failures

maybe its the same as this:

 Release-critical Bugreport for April 14, 2000
[...]
Package: console-data (debian/main)
Maintainer: Yann Dirson <dirson@debian.org>
  62067  console-data: Broken powermac keymaps

oh, thats all powerpc, is there a german mac/m68k keymap? What the name? Or
maybe its identical to the powerpc keymap?

Christian
--
Read the FAQ!                     http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html
Download the FAQ!   ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/Linux/680x0/FAQ/FAQ.gz