Re: More Kernel compile

>What are you trying to cross compile?

A standard kernel with PPP support for my Quadra 610. The kernels I have now
don't have that. I did a little more research on this, but the question
remains...I looked on the mac-m68k website, and it gives some basic
instructions, and it even includes something about the problem I'm having,
just no solution that makes any sense to me that I can use.

Anything that needs shared or static
>libs will have to use the m68k libs. The kernel can be cross compiled
>without.

So how do I get 'make' to ignore the libc.so.6 (for PPC), or get it to use
the right libc.so.6 (which is located in a subdirectory of /usr/m68k, I
believe)?

>> What I don't understand is why I was able to do a 'make dep.' I got no
>> errors in doing that, but when I began the actual compile, (using 'make
>> ARCH=m68k') the error message I got is listed above.
>
>make dep either doesn't need to compile anything, or does so using the
>host architecture compilerl.

Thanks for this.

Russell