Re: Please Help

Hey! Exactly what I have! (Okay, almost. I have a Quadra 610--same machine,
different name, as far as I know)

I've discovered you don't need to make a floppy with ms-dos on it. You need
to set up the Penguin booter to look for your root.bin and ramdisk
(/dev/ram) directly on a mac partition. I have mine set up with a 1G HD,
with Mac-OS taking up about 300 MB (for Mac OS 8 and such) and the rest
devoted to Linux. When the booter/install comes up, you can choose to
install/reformat the Linux part however you want. You then want to mount
your root partition, then you want to mount your Mac HFS partition, which is
"mount a previously initialized partition." The Mac part then becomes /usr
or whatever you want to call it. I called mine /mnt. So the root partition
is /target and the mac partition is /target/mnt. Then you simply tell the
installer where you've got your install file (base2_1.tgz isn't it, for
slink?)  When you're done there...continue on your Linux adventure!

HTH

Russell