Re: Parse errors (was Re: Simple kernel compile)

On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 08:57:48AM -0500, Russell Hires wrote:

> Attached is the file I was able to make from stderr. Anyone can tell me what
> I'm missing? I thought I had everything, at least, according the
> ./Documentation/Changes file. Obviously I don't.
The files with the parse errors are from the libc6-dev package, try to
reinstall it, maybe the files got corrupted?
Which packages did you install, which kernel source are you using, the m68k
one or the i386 with patches? Or even the source from a kernel-source package?

If you install the kernel-package you can be pretty sure, that all needed
packages are installed as well. But then I propose to use a m68k kernel
source and not the debian source with patches, allthough that should work
just as well. However, if you download the linux-m68k source from sunsite.dk
or erlangen, you dont have to worry about applying patches (except for
bugfixes/feature patches of course).

Wasnt there a chapter about "how do i build my own kernel" in the FAQ? So I
dont have to explain here the pros and cons of useing Jes' source over the
kernel-source package.

Christian
--
Read the FAQ!                     http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html
Download the FAQ!   ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/Linux/680x0/FAQ/FAQ.gz