Aargh. Fried my SE/30.

After a series of failed kernel compilations on my SE/30, I finally
got one to compile successfully. I'm sure this machine has never had
to think so hard in its `life'. Unfortunately, after I copied the new
kernel to the MacOS partition and shut down in preparation for
trying it out, it won't boot MacOS anymore. In fact, it never even
gets to the point of looking for a system folder. Tht chime sound that
it is supposed to make when you power on is a pitiful slow-motion
thing and then the grey pattern that shows up before you see the happy
or sad mac is all scrambled.

Linux was working fine all the way through shutdown.

Any hardware experts out there that recognize this?

-- Mark