Re: Debian install instructions

> I just found a link in the amiga news with new, updated install instructions
> for debian 2.1 on m68k (or "amiga"). Does anybody use these instructions?
> Im a little frightened, he says its best to break dinstall and install every
> thing in libg, interpreters and some other directories by hand. (dpkg -i *)
> Is that so? Are people really doing this???

I hope not. OTOH, I'd appreciate feedback for the install guides (eh,
exceeding a minumum clue level of course).

The unnamed someone perhaps didn't understand the concept of package
profiles or task definitions, or got confused by occasional package
ordering problems (just rerun the install step, stupid).

Did he really say 'dinstall' ?? dinstall is the thing that installs
packages into the FTP archive. Either dbootstrap or dselect I guess.
Breaking out of dbootstrap is just plain silly, bypassing dselect by using
dpkg -i (instead of dpkg -iGROEB or something) isn't OK either (but I can
understand the urge of leaving dselect as fast as possible).