Re: sreensize 800x600

Moin,
On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 06:06:50PM +0100, Andreas Meyer wrote:
> Hello Patryk!
>
> You wrote:
>
> >> Is it really not possible to get a 800x600 screen on a 68k-machine with
> >> fbdev?
> >> This would would be very sad.... I tried everything in my XF86Config
> >> without success. Must I really buy a PC to get such a screen???
> >> My Nokia-Monitor provides a horizontal sync of 85kHz and vertikal ´til
> >
> > I am not sure what the problem is but I remember getting 1152x860 on my
> > Amiga the first try w/o any hassles.
>
> I really wonder how you all manage this! I tried default and 800x600 modes.
> I tried fix-sync and multi-sync with no luck. To get a 640x480 screen is no
> problem, but if a want to use e.g. XFig, the screen is to small to have a
> full display of the program.
I am using 1024x768-256 without problems, I also tried with 800x600 in 8 and
16-bit. Did you mention which grafics you are trying to tweak? The procedure
depends a bit on the board and its driver.
See www.debian.org/~cts/[cv64|cv3d|clgen].txt our your favorite kernel
source for details. Note: I set my resolution when I boot the machine, I can
not set it later, the driver does not support it yet.

--
Ciao,
Christian.