Re: Apple Printer

Two basic options are available to you. One is an adapter for localtalk to
ethernet: a Farallon Etherwave or Dayna Ether-print goes for about US$40 on e-Bay;
doesn't really give you the speed of ethernet, since it is translating to
localtalk, but allows your Mac computers to see the printer on ethernet. I don't
know if I can guide you to configuring netatalk to "see" the printers; I tried
unsuccessfully. The other option is to use a router, such as a Shiva (which will
cost you more, but let you connect a whole localtak network to an ethernet
network). Again, I don't know if you can get a Linux box to "see" the printers
made available that way.

Hope this helps.