ppp, sync`s,

Hello, Ciao, Olà,

I`m running debian 2.1 on a A4000 with picasso IV.
I can `t get the resolution 800 600 with "fbset" cause it says that monitor
does not suppot that but unser amiga OD i can use 800 600 and also 1600 1200
.

Once i get the resolution that i want , how can i get it registered on
startup and don`t need to adjust it with fbset every time i start linux.
The same question goes to the X enviroment , how can i get the resolution
saved ( maybe on XF86Config?) . Does the fbset utiilitie saves the
resolution on the system? How.

I mean, i want one resolution every time i start the system what should i
do?
I have fbset and WMaker. A4000 PIV.

PPP:
I configured everithing with pppconfig and with pon all the work is done.
but when with lynx i try to get some url a get error messages thet makes me
think that`s something wrong with the connection.
How can i see if the modem is connecting and when it`s connected. (it seems
connected if i watch the led`s) .
Do i need somthing else more than ppp pakg to get on internet?

Thanks

Very truly yours
--
<sb>