wmaker help needed

Hi all,

I`ve installed wmaker+stuff, checked all the versions and dependencies.
When i start it, icons are screwed up (just an undescipherable mess of
colour dots).
When i start wmakerconf, prefs selection tabs (Colors, F/X etc.) icons are
OK, but i can`t select any
tab except for main (with the hammer). Clicking on every other tab just
exits the program. If i try to select
an image background, X server quits saying "11 segmentation fault". I know
it`s something kernel - related, but on the same config Afterstep ran quite
fine, no probs at all. I`m puzzled. %-(
Is it any of the lib* broken? Which one can it be?

please help.

BTW I`m running on a 040 machine with 16Mb, Debian 2.1, X11, nothing
special, everything from slink.
I run a 8 bit Xserver on AGA.

Many thanks in advance.

Andrew Galinski