HA: Xwindows for debian 2.0 m68k wanted

Hi,

> I've just successfully installed debian 2.0 m68k on my SE/30, and I have

Why 2.0? There`s 2.1 already... And XFree86 works just fine here
(Amiga4000T, 040, 16Mb).

> been searching the net for a version of xwindows that would work, to no

? What and (what version) have you tried? 3.3.2.3a-11 XFree86 is the current
slink (stable) version, installing it is plain simple and it runs with no
probs whatsoever. You may want to know that there`s a LOT of d/l involved -
basically you`ll need xfonts-* xfree86-common xlib6g xserver-common
xserver-fbdev and then look at the "dependencies" to get the rest.

> avail.  I would appreciate if anyone could direct me to the proper
> version, download site and/or installation instructions.

I believe it`s on every debian ftp (I`m using ftp.sunet.se), and everything
in X11 subdir works OK. There`re lots of FAQs on subject there...

http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/os/Linux/distributions/debian/dists/stable/main/bina
ry-m68k/

And in general you should always look at

http://www.linux-m68k.org/

There`s everything m68k Linux user would need...

HTH,
Andrew Galinski