Re: Keyboard on X Windows and screen resolution problems.

Hi Lee,
your problem seem to be difficult to resolve! Well, I didn't resolve it, but I
want to tell you something that can be useful: first, check the /etc/fd.modes
file and choose the best mode for you. I think that you can configure it, and
disable virtual desktop. Read carefully man fb.modes!
After that you can type fbset -s modename
modename is the name of the screen mode that you have previously configured
whitout virtual desktop. After that command, the screen is going to change
resolution and you can start X. I didn't try it, but I tried to change
resolution on my screen, and everything went fine. If you don't find the
/etc/fc.modes file you can find some examples of it in the
/usr/doc/fbset/examples
directory and you can copy one of them as /etc/fc.modes
Good luck, and let me know!
Ciao Lee,
Roberto.

P.S. Remember to use the default Frame buffer device in the
/etc/X11/XF86Config and look the Section "Screen" for the linux/m68k frame
buffer
device. It has to have an entry like this:
Modes "default"