Re: starting X

Hi list,
and
Ciao Lee,
how are you?!
Thank you very much for your help. Anyway I resolved the problem and I can
start X windows correctly. I want to tell you how I resolved that problem:
first, I read the message of Jong-Gunn on the mailing list. He said that he
had a file called Xserver in his /etc/X11 directory. So I thought that it was
the file which I needed because I didn't have it. I created it, as he wrote in
his message, but I replaced the X server whit XF68_Fdev address.
So at the end my /etc/X11/Xserver looks like this:

/usr/X11R6/bin/XF68FBDev
console

After I created that file I tried to run X whit the command starx command but
I get an error message about mouse.
So I read the FAQ about it, and I did a softlink to /dev/amigamouse.
I tried again and I loaded X windows correctly.
Anyway thank you very much for your help, you are friend, Lee.
Sincerely, Roberto.

I hope that this message can be useful for Jong-Gunn!
Ciao!

AH! Anybody knows how to use the the 'del' button correctly under Xwindows!!?
I tried to configure  exactly the protocol of the keyboard but nothing to do!