problems with 2.0.36

Hello People

I have a problem while compiling the m68k-kernel-2.0.36 .
I downloaded the source from uni-erlangen.de and untared
it to a linux-pc in the LAN. On this machine the gcc-crosscompiler
and the binutils are available for m68k. then i applied the patch
cts-apne.diff from erlangen/kernel-patches/2.0.36/
I configured the kernel to my needs and did a
make dep; make clean; make. The gcc compiles throught (in m68k-mode)
and produces an vmlinux-file. During this procedure i get
some warnings "subscript has type 'char'", "suggest explicit braces
to avoid ambiguous else" and "more { than }". No other warnings
appear. I only remember that in init/main.c the first warning occures.
I install the kernel to my amiga2000/040/45MB/clgen and reboots
the system. But the new kernel do not boot up. the amiboot shows
its output then i get a gray screen and the kernel bootup hangs.
sometimes a get a 8000 0004-guru.

This happends when i compile the 2.0.36, 2.2.8, or other kernels.
What is my fault? Or what can i do, to boot up my kernel correctly?
By the time, the tryal and not function, gets very boring. :(

Please help me!

--
Origin: Amiga forever!

Tschüß Christian

pgp-key-numbers: 0x4A2B3E11 or 0xF44B7A3E
fingerprint key 2: D4C2 DC43 69E9 B7D1  67B2 5DFD 8305 EB91

Experience is directly proportional to the value of equipment destroyed.
-- Carolyn Scheppner