Re: problem starting X on linux-m68k

Hallo Simon,

Am 13-Jul-99 schriebst Du:
> On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 mike@voodoomonkey.com wrote:
>
>> PEXExtensionInit couldn't open default PEX font file Roman_M.
>>
>> I added FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/PEX/" to my XF86Config, but
>> that didn't help.
>
>> I did a fairly vanilla install of Debian 2.1, so I figured this might be
>> a problem someone has seen before.  Does anyone know how to fix this
>> problem?
>
> The same happened on my Amiga 1200, until I used an Intel box as a font
> server. Since the font packages are afaik architecture-independent, I
> wonder what might be the cause.
>
>   Simon

I have the same problem with my X. But it occures only under same
circumstances. If I am logged in as root, the X-server starts normally,
but if i am logged in as normal user, i get an error message while starting
the server in the file /etc/X11/Xsession in line 408 (or near there) saying
that i have no permission to access the /dev/null. The failure with the
PEX-font occures in both cases but seems to be ignored.
Do you know some hints for me to solve this problem?

--
Bye Christian

pgp-key-numbers: 0x4A2B3E11 or 0xF44B7A3E
fingerprint key 2: D4C2 DC43 69E9 B7D1  67B2 5DFD 8305 EB91

You cannot kill time without injuring eternity.
-- Thoreau