Re: Quadra 660av Kernal Problem

Jack Charles Swan wrote:
> I am having trouble locating a stable kernal for the Quadra 660av. Could you please recommend one?

Could you please wrap your lines properly next time?

> The kernal (linux) that comes with the install.sit.hqx has some problems. The major problem is that it reports a 68040 bus error -sometimes- (and maybe a SCSI bus error, can't tell since the screen goes black on blue). I have checked every part and all the software of my system, and did reinstalls, etc. Also that kernal can not be booted with the video interrupt feature checked on Penguin, and it can not be booted with the init boot option checked on penguin.

What version of MacOS are you running? So far, I've only heard of machines
that had
trouble with the VBL interrupt button _un_checked. The color should be
fixed if you
use  the 'color by Penguin' option.

For the other trouble, CC: to Dave who uses a 660AV.