Re: Install on an Atari Falcon

On Sun, Apr 11, 1999 at 04:40:00PM -0700, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 11, 1999 at 10:53:04PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> > As part of an installation demo, I'm hoping to demonstrate Debian
> > installation on an Atari Falcon.  Can anyone give me any pointers
> > on problems or gotchas that are likely to come up?  Unfortunately

> You'll need a FPU, more than 4 MB RAM, and in case you install to a

Is there any obvious way to tell if it has a FPU (I think it's just a
bog standard Falcon, but I could be wrong)?

> SCSI disk, you should run the Falcon in 16 colors only (256 colors
> probably results in excessive SCSI hangs and timeouts).

How do I go about running it in 16 colours only?

> And you will need some driver to access the CD-ROM in TOS, otherwise
> the install files on the CD won't be of much use.

I was planning to bootstrap the install from floppies.  I assume it
wouldn't be a problem if I did it that way?

Thanks.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/