Re: sformat and /dev/sd?

> First, I wish to thank the debian-m68k maintainers for their work: it was so
> easy installing it on a MacIIci w/ E-machines T-16 video and internal and
> external SCSI.
>
> What I don't understand is how the sformat command is supposed to work in
> GNU/Linux. I tried many different invocations, but the particular error I got
> was the complaint about no /dev/scg? devices. I know that I have got /dev/sda
> and /dev/sdb as my internal and external hard drives, respectively. Dejanews
> queries only turned up the fact that /dev/scg? is used in Sun systems. Does
> anyone know how to use sformat in GNU/Linux?

You need the /dev/sg* devices, and generic SCSI compiled into the kernel in order to use sformat (it bypasses the normal SCSI disk driver when talking to the drive).

/Anders

Anders Hammarquist                                  | iko@cd.chalmers.se
Physics student                                     | Hem: +46 31 47 69 27
Chalmers University of Technology, G|teborg, Sweden | Mob: +46 707 27 86 87