Re: mkfs question

Matthew A Dunford wrote:

> I'm sorry, I did mean formatting the drive for Linux partitions.  I forgot
> that mkfs comes after this step.  So far, I've tried every MacOS partition
> application I have come across: pdisk, Drive Setup, HD SC Setup, without
> success.  Is there any other way of partitioning an m68k internal IDE
> drive with Linux partitions?

Now it starts to make sense to me...

One thing to try would be to use the latest pdisk from mklinux.apple.com
(somewhere in the work-in-progress section; I don't keep track of this).
They
added IDE support sometime last year and that's also available for m68k. If
not,
mail the author and ask for a m68k version.

The other chance: the mac-fdisk program packaged with the ramdisk. Have the
pdisk documentation for the MkLinux version handy; there's no m68k or Linux
documentation. I don't know of anybody who tried (and complained
afterwards),
so it might just work. Or it might horribly trash your disk. Seems you will
have to live on the bleeding edge here.