Floppy

On the mac linux website, it is said that SWIM (I think that's what I have) floppies aren't supported. Is this information outdated or is it true. I can't seem to mount any floppies, but since I am horribly inexperienced, it may be my own ignorance causing the problem. The website also said that a driver could be ported from Power Mac linux. Have any of you done this, in which case could you please send me the file? If not, is this horribly complicated and requiring knowledge of C or would I be able to eventually figure it out if I had some help?